Thursday 1 August 2013

And I Thought...

As I was leaving the room, I saw a baby lizard right next to my foot, I panicked and let out a horrendous shriek. The poor fellow was probably as petrified as I was, maybe even more, it scampered away just as I was about to shut the door and got caught in it. For a minute I was like "phew! Thank God it's gone!" but then it hit me, it was tiny and couldn't possibly have gotten away. I felt so guilty in those few seconds, I actually was afraid of opening the door to find the tiny little thing squashed and dead. I contemplated before opening it and when I finally did, to say I felt guilty would be an understatement.
I know it was just a lizard and I shouldn't be feeling so bad about it but I do. It was tiny! :(
So when I told my mum that I accidentally squished a baby lizard, she grimaced followed by a "tsk tsk".

Anyway, my point is, if I felt so bad about killing a poor little lizard how is it that all these people killing other innocent people do it without even a shred of guilt? How are they still alive, doing it over and over again? Does saying it's for some holy(not) cause make them feel better about it? Where has their humanity gone? I'm not exaggerating when I say I actually thought about what the baby lizard's last thought would've been. How can these terrorists/murderers kill innocent people just like that? Do they not feel guilty?

2 comments:

  1. its not about feeling, For some its Fun and for some its sufferance. You are quite humane.

    By the way i must tell you Lizard is the dreadful creature and It's the only creature that Muslims are allowed to kill without any discrimination because it promotes unhygienic environment. Its really dreadful

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am really impressed that how you have explained it and articulated your thoughts in a simple manner.
    all i can pray is that we all manage to get such kindness in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete